Congrats to Kimberley Leggett who has officially been crowned Miss Universe Malaysia 2012!
Penang-born Kimberley Ann Estrop-Leggett took home the title Miss Universe Malaysia last night.
The 18-year-old beauty beat eight other hopefuls at the gala finale held in Sunway Pyramid Convention Centre here.
“I don’t think you can define what a Malaysian looks like. I think I represent the 1Malaysia concept,” said Leggett, who is of British-Dutch descent.
She is expected to compete in the Miss Universe pageant next year.
The judges for the finale included ex-beauty queen Datin Josephine Fonseka, fashion designer Amir Luqman, model management icon Andrew Tan, fashion guru Gillian Hung, and fashion designers Stephanie Kay and Bill Keith.
• Age: 18
• Occupation: Student (majoring in Economics & Business) / Part-time Model
• Height: 175cm (5′ 9″)
• Born and raised in Penang, Malaysia to parents of mixed heritage (Malaysian/British)
• Education: Attended St.Christopher’s International Primary School and graduated from The International School of Penang (Uplands) in 2011& will attend UCLA for Undergraduate Bachelor’s Degree majoring in Economics/Business beginning Jan 2012
•Can speak, read & write in English, Bahasa Melayu/Malaysia & French.
• Member of the Uplands Student Council for 4 years (2007-2011) and held Disciplinarian position for 2 years
• Member of the Model United Nations (2010)
• Member of the Uplands Amnesty International Group (2010)
• Member of the Uplands Environmental Society (2009-2010)
• Music: Drums/ piano